If you have a life-threatening emergency or are reporting a crime that is happening right now - Call 911 immediately!
You have the following options for non emergency incidents.
- Call the police non-emergency phone number 734-287-6611 and request that an officer be sent to your location.
- Come in to the police front desk anytime during the day or night to speak with an officer.
Please have the following information for the officer:
- Copies of account statements and other documents for cases of fraud or identity theft.
- Descriptions of property that was stolen or damaged, including: brand, model, color, serial number, any other identifying features and value.
- If your vehicle was stolen, damaged, or broken into, have your vehicle registration or title and insurance certificate with you.
- If you were involved in a traffic accident on a roadway, it is better to have an officer come to the accident location. (It is advisable to move the vehicles off the roadway unless someone is seriously injured.)
- Physical description of suspects including height and weight (approximate), eye and hair color, facial hair, clothing, and any other identifying marks (scars, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
- The name, address, birth date, home, work, and cellular phone numbers of anyone else involved in the case (including victims, suspects, and witnesses.)
- Your name, address, birth date, home, work, and cellular phone numbers.